When you’re faced with a serious diagnosis like chronic kidney disease (CKD), a dozen questions quickly come to mind: “What is CKD?” “What treatments are available for it?” And “is a kidney transplant an option for me?” This section may help answer some of the questions you have.
Services & Treatments
- Kidneys are essential to filter waste products from the blood
- Dialysis cleans the blood and restores fluid/electrolyte balance
- Two options are available: hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis
- You can receive treatment at home or in the clinic
- Under the right circumstances, a transplant may be possible
- U-M’s Transplant Center can evaluate you